Stash attack made slower progress this week.
The wrap dress in the black heart print got made up. The bust darting has been converted to pleats from the waistline, (there’s a waist seam) and the skirt is flared. It buttons across at the waist and has a sash.
The armholes and neckline are faced. I used a gape resistance dodge of cutting the wrap facing on straight grain instead of on the same grain as the bodice. This can sometimes help to pull the neckline in tighter, though its technically ‘wrong’.
The second dress is for a different daughter, made from a khaki cotton. I have only basic measurements for this pattern, there’s an element of guesswork about the fit. There could be a Mark 2. The shirtdress has the sleeves constructed shirt style (that is with a lower, flatter armhole). There’s a yoke, buttoned shoulder tabs, buttoned tabs pulling the sleeves up, visible front buttons to just above waistline, and concealed buttons below the waistline. The hemline is shaped, shirt-tail style. I made this in a khaki cotton, the buttons are a grey metal. Apologies for the poor pressing, rushing to the post.